Wednesday, 12 March 2014

What I've been up to ...

Hiya people! How are you all going? I haven't been so active on the blog or my social media accounts of late and there is a reason for this - I've started full-time study again! My mood has been switching between sheer panic and energetic optimism. I'm attempting going to complete my Bachelor of Arts which I started 8 years ago though I've changed the major from Writing to Internet Communications. At the moment I'm just trying to get myself into a routine and get my brain used to study again. Time management is not my strong point but I'll get there! I will still be crocheting - I predict it will be very important to my sanity.



At the moment I'm working on a pattern for Gumball and Darwin, cartoon characters from the show The Amazing World of Gumball. After that I'm going to work on a micro dragon. I've already bought the thread! It's red and shiny and I also bought gold thread! As you can see from the exclamation points, I'm very excited. Then after the dragon - yep, I've thought that far ahead - I'm going to work on crocheting humans. I really want to develop my crochet sculpting and achieve more detail in my  dolls. I'm particularly looking forward to experimenting with faces. I'm hoping to incorporate this into my study but we shall see how it goes.

So if it seems like I've disappeared over the next couple of months, just know that I'm still here, probably lurking in the background looking at all your wonderful creations.

Also, this month marks the 2nd anniversary of my blogging life. I've said it before but I don't say it enough ... THANK YOU! Before I did this I always heard of how the internet, especially social media sites and discussion forums, was a negative place but after being exposed to all you wonderful crafters I realise that the good really outweighs the bad. You inspire me and encourage me. Some people think of crafts as being hokey but you guys have always made me feel that what I do is special and important. So again, thank you.

Wow, it just got real there. A little corny? Good! Embrace the corny people!

Love,
Kim
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...